About Botox (Botulinum toxin)
Botulinum toxin, commonly known as Botox (the trademark of the first drug of its kind to be sold), is actually the toxin that causes botulism. However, their ability to produce muscle paralysis for medical use in the treatment of certain neurological diseases and cosmetic medicine for wrinkles purposes, which is why more is known exploits. Among his numerous medical applications include:
- The spinal pain
- Urinary incontinence in paraplegics
In regard to the elimination of facial wrinkles, Botox has clear advantages:
- Avoid surgery
- It can be applied at any time of year
- It is a virtually painless technique
- Its effects are immediate and extend between five and six months
- Just contraindications
- Rarely causes side effects such as allergic reactions, facial stiffness or nausea
The technique involves using a superfine needle infiltration of botulinum toxin into the muscle of the area to be treated, resulting in relaxation and inhibiting the movement thereof. Hence, its main application is in cosmetic treatment of wrinkles, ie those that appear between the eyebrows, forehead, corners of the mouth or around the eyes.
It is very important that this treatment is applied by a specialist knowledgeable of the facial anatomy.
Meet the Team
GET STARTED TODAY!